Home    411 On Momo    Reviews    Review Policy    Contact

Apr 2, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (27): Wreck Me by Jessica Sorensen


"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Title: Wreck Me (Nova, #4)
Author: Jessica Sorensen
Publisher: Self
Expected publication: October 2014
Age group: New Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance


Once upon a time there was a girl named Avery Hensley who thought she’d found the guy—the one that she thought she was going to spend the rest of her life with. They got married young and had the most beautiful son in the world.

Life seemed perfect.

But not everything is what it seems.

Turned out the guy had another side to him, one Avery didn’t see coming. He wrecked her and broke her into a thousand pieces that she had to put back together again. She swore off guys from then on, vowing never to let anyone hurt her or her son again. She built a wall around herself and planned on never letting anyone through it again.

But then she meets Tristan Morganson. He wrecks Avery in a different way, the kind of way that makes her feel free again, the kind of way that makes her think not all guys are bad. But can Avery trust him enough to let her wall come crumbling down?

About the author:

The New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Jessica Sorensen, lives with her husband and three kids. When she's not writing, she spends her time reading and hanging out with her family.

Connect with Jessica Sorensen: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads


Why I'm waiting: On March 30th, I finished Nova and Quinton: No Regrets, the third book in the Nova series. I've been passionately following Nova and Quinton's story since I first picked up Breaking Nova in 2013. That's kind of like "duuuuh!" but I mean, I read the next book in the series as soon as it lands in my hands and the minute I finish, I'm in withdrawal for the next book. I don't know but I think that's definitely saying something. It's just... their story is so heartfelt and painful yet at the same time, so incredibly hopeful. So even long after I've finished the book, I'm stilling rooting for them to make it out okay; they're not far from my thoughts.

Although, No Regrets wraps up Nova and Quinton's story and I got that closure feeling, there's a secondary character that I am dying to read all about and obviously, it's Tristan. Because Nova and Quinton's story was so intense and all-consuming, I didn't pay much attention to him until this third book. He plays a much bigger role and it's hard not to wonder about him and his story. And towards the end of No Regrets, Sorensen dropped a bomb that left my jaw hanging to my knees for... a while. It definitely makes my hunger for his book that much more severe. I can already imagine the vise-like heartache that's coming for me and... I am totes stoked! I'm already counting down the days until its release!

This is kind of unrelated but... not. How about that cover?! Is it not gorgeous or what? The one thing that I want to point out or the one thing that's like the obvious thought is that it's a departure from the previous books in the series. So, in that sense, it doesn't correlate. But when you think about how the first three books are about Nova and Quinton and the last few will be about Tristan and Avery (I'm going to assume they'll be getting two books, at the very least. I hope!), it makes better sense. All that aside, I am majorly in love with the cover. I think it is perfect for the book and I would love to see it on my shelf. It would be a bomb addition!

Aye, I did it again. I rambled. But that's just because I'm uber excited and I love Sorensen's books so darn hardcore! Anyway, that's what I'm eagerly waiting for this Wednesday! What are you waiting on? Leave a comment below and dish it out! I can't wait to see everyone's picks!

1 comment:

  1. This sound like a interesting book, never heard of the author before. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by Books Over Boys! You're a fun little lollipop triple dipped in awesomesauce. ;p